Sunday 17 June 2007

First effort of doing My own Design


Well I finally got my Father-in-laws card finished in time, OK I did cheat a bit, since I was stitching it on a bit of old Aida, I decided not to stitch the white part of the design to save me some time, otherwise I wouldn't have finished it in time.

If I had had more time I would have done it with white and various shades of off white and very pale grey, but as it is, I don't think it looks great but since its my first effort and its not something I would have stitched normally I suppose its OK.





I did make a cock up of the name too, I asked my mum in law what the caravan was called and she said 'Patiche', but when I went to take the photo of the caravan I noticed it was called 'Pastiche', so its spelt wrong on the card, thats what you get asking her when shes had a whiskey or two!!

I didn't do my own dad one, since he wouldn't have appreciated it anyway, he still has his Xmas cards in a drawer unopened, so I learn't not to give my dad a card.( I might get the card back out and give it him again this year and I bet he wouldn't notice either lol)

Now at least I can try and crack on with the friendship card that I have to finish and get off in the post by Wednesday.

5 comments:

Carla said...

It's better than ok...you did a great job!

Cheryl said...

Well i think you did a great job!! I couldn't have designed that, im useless at designing :)

Sally said...

You did a brilliant job Bev! It looks fantastic.

Michelle said...

Great job! The Ice Cream Sampler I talked about on my blog is by Country Cottage Needleworks.

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm with the majority--you did a great job.