Sunday 8 May 2011

Restless

No picture Im afraid as HAED's are so slow to stitch up, what i need is a really fun stitch thats not too...trying to find the right words but all i can come up with is concentrating to stitch?, A Quick Stitch?,  does that sound right? hmm well i know what i mean but hubby has banned me from buying any more, pah bloody men!
I  could stitch my LK Christmas Rules, but its summer and well i don't do christmas charts till at least September/October, so no idea maybe i should start my mirabilia.. does anyone else ever get like this?
Think i will look for some freebies, i may find something there.

I may be just on one of them moods lol

So how many would you say is too much to have on the go at once, how many do you have?  and how many charts/kits do you have in your collection? I think sometimes i should stop wanting to start and actually finish what i have!

7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm pretty much a OAATer but at the moment I have Mirabilia Bluebeard's Mermaid (for a SAL), an Art Nouveau pic (as part of my 11 in '11), the Dark Alphabet (one letter issued every couple of weeks) and one small project (varies but only ever OAAT).
As for my list of charts/kits!!! Kits I only have a few but charts are growing daily if I include all the freebies I want to stitch! Check my blog for a list of most of them.http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/
I know what you mean about not wanting to stitch Xmas right now. Too many of my 11 are Xmassy which is putting me off doing them.

Ewa said...

HAEDs are slow but TOTALLY worth it.

Every year (except this year, it seems) my mother buys me a pattern-a-day cross stitch calendar. They're quick little one-day patterns you can do real quick. They're also a good starting place as they're very easy to take pieces from and apply them to larger projects, etc. They have a ton of different border samplers, alphabets and other such things. A fun thing to look into if you ever want something quick and easy. I've kept all the calendars I've received to date, just in case.

anojaa said...

I'm sure that it's just a passing down mood. i feel just like that some time. I have so many charts and kits that I really can't count them without feeling guilty. Why don't you stitch a little design until your mojo is back?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A pattern a day calendar! What a terrific idea. I know what I want for Christmas this year.

Bev said...

i did not even know they did cross stitch calenders! its hard to stitch large projects when i am sat waiting for my son at football practise

Ewa said...

Here's a link to one so you know what to look for:

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Cross-Stitch-Pattern-2011-Calendar/dp/B003VI13T0

Lisa said...

For me 5 is about my limit for wips at any one time. I have three BAP, which includes two HAED's, then a small and a medium so that at least I still have some finishes along the way.