Monday 6 September 2010

A Near Disaster Averted, for A Happy Dance

OK another finish, yes I didn't exactly stick to the chart as i thought it had enough on it and i didn't want to overdo it and yes it is a week late as my wedding anniversary was last monday but i did it, nearly had to throw it out as i scorched it when i was ironing it, I couldn't believe it the first time i scorch something ironing, and its it a crappy shirt that i wanted to throw out, no its the bleeding wedding sampler that took me nearly 18 months to complete, but after a tip from a friend i finally got it out. You can see it a bit but only from the back.

Now i really want to start HAED's Dreaming On The Farm but i have so much to do, but i think i should stitch what i want to at that moment, so with that i decided to actually sort out my threads, I had boxes filled with threads for different pieces but i didn't want to have to order more, so i sorted them all out yesterday while trying to watch Ugly Betty ( hubby kept turning it over to some war film that he had seen 20 times before- so there was a battle of wills in our house yesterday)
and i couldn't believe how many duplicates of threads i have i mean how many bobbins of one colour do i need?
So the good news is that i don't need any threads for DOTF, woop woop!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Loads of threads there!I really need to sort mine out.

Wendy said...

Is it really wrong that I'm lusting over your threads!! I'm in the process of sorting mine out but I have so many shorter threads that are too short to wind on bobbins that I don't know what to do with...

Lakshmi Sadala said...

So many threads..nice collection..